We are a body of believers united by our desire to follow Jesus Christ and committed to fulfilling the purposes set forth in Holy Scripture. If God is leading you to join with us and support our beliefs and mission, come become a member!
Membership qualifications: Those who have repented from their sins, publicly profess salvific faith in Jesus Christ and have followed Him in believer’s baptism. (Acts 2:38-42)
Here are the 3 steps to becoming a member:
- Present you desire for membership during one of the services or to one of the pastoral staff.
- Express your desire for membership through one of the following mean
- Membership by Profession of Faith. If you have never received Jesus as Savior and Lord and/or never publicly confessed Him, you will be given an opportunity to do so. After your decision has been confirmed, an appointment will be made for your baptism.
- Membership by Transfer of membership from another Southern Baptist Church or church of like faith. If you are currently a member of a Southern Baptist Church or church of like faith, we will receive you as a member upon promise of a letter from that church. We will contact that church to notify them of your decision and request your letter.
- Membership by Your Statement of Faith. If you have previously made a public decision, acknowledging that you have received Christ as your Savior and Lord, we will be happy to receive you. It will be necessary for you to be baptized if you have never been baptized Scripturally (as a believer after your conversion, by immersion, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as a symbol and testimony of your salvation).
- Complete the Believer's Basics 6 week Bible Study class. This special orientation class will give you essential information to help you understand all the benefits and responsibilities of membership and become a fulfilled, functioning member of our church.
Church Covenant and Duties of Members
From the Constitution and Bylays of First Baptist Church of Navarre, Adopted June, 30, 1985
Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, confess we are a sinner and repent and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body of Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, doctrines, and discipline; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, and relief of the poor, and to the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and personal devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale of and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage; to use our influence to combat the use of drugs and the spread of pornography; and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember one another in prayer; to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s words.